The Licensing Division oversees the issuance of new and renewal insurance licenses for both resident and non-resident producers, and business entities in the state of Nebraska.
- Effective immediately, the Nebraska Department of Insurance will be changing to 100% online submission of all insurance license applications.
- Interested in receiving license renewal reminders? Download the free NIPR mobile app to receive helpful reminders, view your basic licensing information, such as demographics, license numbers, expiration dates, lines of authority and appointment information.
- The Licensing Division has transitioned our correspondence from mail to an email format. To ensure that you receive all future notifications please verify the email address that you have on file with us. You can verify your email address, continuing education, or print your license online at statebasedsystems.com.
- NE Resident license applicants, after you have passed your exam don’t forget to apply for your insurance license at NIPR.
First Time License – Residents
- Applicant registers and passes the written insurance examination for the appropriate lines of authority. Visit www.prometric.com to register for your insurance exam.
- Exam information is uploaded by Prometric to the Department of Insurance. Please allow 2-3 days for the exam information to be uploaded to our system.
- Applicant applies for a Nebraska insurance license. You must apply and be issued a Nebraska insurance license in order to sell, solicit, or negotiate insurance in the state of Nebraska. You can start the application process online at www.nipr.com and pay the license fee with a credit card, or you can submit a paper application by mail with a check for the appropriate license fee made payable to the Nebraska Department of Insurance.
For what to expect on test day click here