The Licensing Division oversees the issuance of new and renewal insurance licenses for both resident and non-resident producers, and business entities in the state of Nebraska.
- Effective July 19, 2018, the Department will no longer require resident applicants to complete pre-licensing education in order to obtain a producer license.
- Effective September 13, 2017 we are replacing the current Motor Club line of authority on the producer license with a new Motor Club Representative license type. For more information please see the September 6, 2017 DOI Notice.
- NE Resident license applicants, after you have passed your exam don’t forget to apply for your insurance license at NIPR.com.
First Time License – Residents
- Applicant registers and passes the written insurance examination for the appropriate lines of authority. Visit www.prometric.com to register for your insurance exam.
- Exam information is uploaded by Prometric to the Department of Insurance. Please allow 2-3 days for the exam information to be uploaded to our system.
- Applicant applies for a Nebraska insurance license. You must apply and be issued a Nebraska insurance license in order to sell, solicit, or negotiate insurance in the state of Nebraska. You can start the application process online at www.nipr.com and pay the license fee with a credit card, or you can submit a paper application by mail with a check for the appropriate license fee made payable to the Nebraska Department of Insurance.
For what to expect on test day click here