Public Adjuster License Information
Effective July 19, 2018 Nebraska will issue both individual and business entity public adjuster licenses. Effective July 19, 2018 the Nebraska Insurance Consultant license will no longer include the authority to act as a public adjuster. Individuals who currently hold an active Insurance Consultant license in Nebraska and act as a public adjuster will need to reapply for the new public adjuster license.
Licensed Public Adjusters in Nebraska - 11_9_2023
The requirements for an individual resident public adjuster license are as follows:
- Is at least eighteen years of age
- Has a principal place of residence or a principal place of business in Nebraska
- Has not committed any act that is grounds for denial pursuant to Neb. Rev. Stat. § 44-9211
- Has paid the $50.00 application fee
- Has passed the public adjuster licensing examination
- Is trustworthy, reliable, and of good reputation
- Has proof of financial responsibility - $20,000 Surety Bond
- Maintains an office in this state with public access by reasonable appointment or regular business hours
- Has completed the uniform public adjuster license application
Individuals applying for a non-resident public adjuster license shall be licensed as a public adjuster in their home state and shall pay the $50.00 application fee.
Applicants can apply electronically at www.nipr.com or by downloading an application and mailing it to the Department with your application fee.
Each individual public adjuster’s license will expire on the last day of their birth month in the first year after issuance in which his or her age is divisible by two. Resident public adjusters will be required to complete twenty-four (24) hours of continuing education, which includes three (3) hours of ethics.
Each business entity public adjuster’s license will expire on April 30 of each year.
Licenses may be renewed within the ninety-day period immediately preceding the expiration date.
Nebraska Public Adjusters Licensing Act, Neb. Rev. Stat. §§ 44-9201 through 44-9219
Business Entity License
Public adjusters who are associated with an agency or business entity must also obtain a public adjuster agency license in the state of Nebraska (Neb. Rev. Stat. §44-9207).