- Public Information Officer/Office of the Director - Responsible for bulletins, notices, and the Department newsletter. Liason between the Director, the National Association of Insurance Commissioners (NAIC), and the public.
- Administrative Services Division
- Accounting and Budget Section: Responsible for the Department's finances.
- Information Systems Section: Responsible for providing support for all information systems and computer hardware throughout the Department.
- Office Services Section: Responsible for providing copies of all public documents within the Department and support functions for all divisions within the Department of Insurance.
- Consumer Affairs Division - Responsible for providing the public with insurance information and assistance for verifying and ensuring the proper handling of insurance transactions, and for handling consumer contacts and investigating consumer complaints.
- Financial Examination Division - Responsible for determining the financial condition of insurance companies operating in Nebraska and is broken into the following sections:
- Financial Examination Section: Responsible for reviewing insurance company financial records, conducting qualifying examinations, and examining surplus and excess lines records.
- Analysis Section: Responsible for reviewing and evaluating company financial information.
- Company Section: Responsible for reviewing, evaluating and processing company license applications, changes, and certificates of authority. Additional responsibilities include holding company filings; auditing and collecting premium tax and other taxes and renewal fees; surplus lines; and regulating and examining burial pre-need sales.
- Fraud Prevention Division - Responsible for confronting the problem of insurance fraud by prevention, investigation, and prosecution of fraudulent insurance acts in an effort to reduce the amount of premium dollars used to pay fraudulent claims.
Life and Health Division - Responsible for evaluating and approving or disapproving life, health and annuity products marketed to Nebraska residents, as well as reviewing rate filings.
Medical Professional Liability - Responsible for coordinating the provisions of the Hospital-Medical Liability Act, including providing medical professional liability coverage through the Excess Liability Fund, qualification of health care providers, collecting annual surcharges, and disposing of claims.
Producer Licensing Division Producer Licensing Division (402) 471-4913 - Responsible for processing and maintaining permanent license records for individuals and agencies, including issuing, renewing, updating, and terminating insurance licenses. Additional responsibilities include overseeing the licensing examination process and supervising the continuing education program.
Property and Casualty Division - Responsible for evaluating and approving or disapproving policy forms, rates, and rules of companies that are writing property/casualty lines of insurance.
SHIIP - Nebraska Senior Health Insurance Information Program - Provides presentations at senior centers and other senior organizations and maintains a volunteer counseling programfor older Nebraskans who request one-on-one assistance.