The Legal Division's primary responsibilities include preparing Department of Insurance regulations, bulletins, and legal interpretations, representing the Department in administrative hearings, and processing applications by domestic insurers for certificates of authority, mergers, acquisitions, and domestications. This Division also renders legal advice on policy form approvals, financial transactions, investments, and agreements entered into by insurers, as well as coordinating legislative matters.
Enforcement of compliance with the Nebraska insurance statutes and Department of Insurance regulations by all insurers, insurance producers, brokers, and all others licensed by the Department of Insurance, as well as unauthorized entities, is performed by the Legal Division. As counsel for the Department, the Legal Division acts as a liaison with the Attorney General's Office regarding all pending litigation and/or appeals from administrative rulings.
Additionally, the Legal Division acts as counsel for the Director in connection with the supervision, rehabilitation, or liquidation of domestic insurance companies, and advises the Director in connection with the operation of the Nebraska Property and Liability Insurance Guaranty Association, the Nebraska Life and Health Insurance Guaranty Association, the Medical Malpractice Excess Liability Fund, and the Comprehensive Health Insurance Pool.
Legal Division Staff
|Matt Holman||General Counsel|
|Bob Harkins||Staff Attorney|
|Tracy Burns||Staff Attorney|
|Thomas Green||Staff Attorney|
- Regulatory Settlements
- Foreign Receivership Links
- Global Receivership Information Database (GRID) Reports
- Memorial Service Life Insurance Company, Lincoln Memorial Life Insurance Company and National Prearranged Services (NPS) Inc. - Order of Rehabilitation Issued - (Link to rehabilitation website.)
- Benicorp Insurance Company - Order of Rehabilitation Issued - (Link to Indiana's Dept. of Ins. website.)
- Listing of Agent for Service of Process
- FAQs regarding CoOportunity Health Updated 01/05/15
- FAQs regarding CoOportunity Health
- Notice to CoOportunity Health Enrolless and Healthcare Providers
- Guidance for Appointed Agents and Brokers of CoOportunity Health in Iowa and Nebraska
- Model Regulation to Implement the NAIC Medicare Supplement Insurance Minimum Standards Model Act